Loading...

History in the Community

History in the Community

The Crosser Funeral Home was established in Oak Harbor in February of 1958 by Clifford and Kathleen Crosser. They purchased the former Edward A. Dwyer Funeral Home, which was established in September of1954 and closed in December of 1957 upon the death of Mr. Dwyer.

Due to the growth of the business, an addition was added in 1970, which nearly tripled the size of the building. Their son, John joined them in the business in 1976. The firm purchased the R.F. Myers Funeral Home in Elmore in 1975. That business was established by Fred Sabroske and Richard Myers in 1937, and was known as Sabroske & Myers until Mr. Sabroske's retirement in 1964. The firm operated in the Sabroske home on Ottawa Street in Elmore, until the former H. E. Burmann Funeral Home on Rice Street was purchased in 1964. In 2008, the business was moved to a former church building between Elmore and Genoa, which was extensively remodeled and redecorated. It now features the largest facilities in western Ottawa County with no steps or ramps to hinder access, and includes a large, convenient, well lit parking lot.

 Port Clinton Chapel
Phone: (419) 732-3141
1124 Fulton Street, Port Clinton, OH 43452

 

 

 

Peninsula Chapel
Phone: (419) 732-0909
7755 E. Harbor Road, Marblehead, OH 43440


 

Oak Harbor Chapel
Phone: (419) 898-4455
301 N. Locust Street, Oak Harbor, OH 43449

 

Elmore-Genoa Chapel
Phone: (419) 862-3331
19550 W. SR 51, Elmore, OH 43416


© Crosser & Priesman Funeral Home & Cremation Service
Funeral Home Website Design By Frazer Consultants & TA